ABILENE, Texas - American Commercial College owner Brent Sheets said the college will re-seek a certificate of approval to allow it to teach students once again.
This comes after the Texas Workforce Commission told KTXS yesterday that the career college was closed for good to students in Abilene and Lubbock.
Last year an investigation allegedly revealed they had falsely reported financial information to the state.
The Abilene and Lubbock campuses have since had certificates of approval revoked and the Texas Workforce Commission said that decision is final. That means they cannot enroll or teach students.
ACC officials said they look forward to opening in a new location in the coming months. It's not clear whether that means a location in Abilene.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated