ABILENE, Texas - American Eagle airline will be adding a new flight for passengers traveling through Abilene Regional Airport.
The flight will begin on February 14, 2013. It's scheduled for departure from Abilene at 3:50 p.m. daily.
This brings the total number of flights between Abilene and the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport to eight per day.
"The addition of this afternoon flight will fill a void in our arrival and departure schedule and allow improved connections with flights in and out of DFW International Airport," Green said.
The owner of Mooses Snack Shack & Cafe, which is located in Abilene Regional said she's thrilled that a new flight is coming. The airport has had trouble keeping restaurant operations open in the past.
"I'm thrilled, yes, more passengers mean potentially more business," owner Merry McKenna said. "It gives us more traffic, more flow and it gives us more people to serve."
Green said it should generate more revenue for the airport.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated