ABILENE, Texas - American Eagle airline will be adding a new flight for passengers traveling through Abilene Regional Airport.
The flight will begin on February 14, 2013. It's scheduled for departure from Abilene at 3:50 p.m. daily.
This brings the total number of flights between Abilene and the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport to eight per day.
"The addition of this afternoon flight will fill a void in our arrival and departure schedule and allow improved connections with flights in and out of DFW International Airport," Green said.
The owner of Mooses Snack Shack & Cafe, which is located in Abilene Regional said she's thrilled that a new flight is coming. The airport has had trouble keeping restaurant operations open in the past.
"I'm thrilled, yes, more passengers mean potentially more business," owner Merry McKenna said. "It gives us more traffic, more flow and it gives us more people to serve."
Green said it should generate more revenue for the airport.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash