ABILENE, Texas - American Eagle airline will be adding a new flight for passengers traveling through Abilene Regional Airport.
The flight will begin on February 14, 2013. It's scheduled for departure from Abilene at 3:50 p.m. daily.
This brings the total number of flights between Abilene and the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport to eight per day.
"The addition of this afternoon flight will fill a void in our arrival and departure schedule and allow improved connections with flights in and out of DFW International Airport," Green said.
The owner of Mooses Snack Shack & Cafe, which is located in Abilene Regional said she's thrilled that a new flight is coming. The airport has had trouble keeping restaurant operations open in the past.
"I'm thrilled, yes, more passengers mean potentially more business," owner Merry McKenna said. "It gives us more traffic, more flow and it gives us more people to serve."
Green said it should generate more revenue for the airport.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances