ABILENE, Texas - The 21st annual Martin Luther King Jr. Dinner will be held Monday evening in recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The event is sponsored by the Abilene Black Chamber of Commerce and will begin at 6 p.m. at the Abilene Civic Center.
Five hundred people attended the dinner last year and more are expected this year.
Dr. James Race, a physician from the Dallas/Fort Worth area, will be speaking.
There will also be music and entertainment.
There are still a few tickets available.
Call the Chamber at (325) 672-7950 for more information.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated