ABILENE, Texas - An Anson man is behind bars after Abilene police say he threatened another man with a gun in two different counties.
Police said a 69-year-old man was asleep early Monday morning at a rest area along Interstate 20 in Callahan County when Dennis Galli, 32, pointed a gun at him and told him to get out of his vehicle.
The victim says he took off and was chased by Galli to the Allsups convenience store at I-20 and West Lake Road in Abilene. He said Galli once again pointed a gun at him.
Galli denied the allegations. Police then found a 9mm handgun in his truck.
Galli was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He is being held on a $100,000 bond.
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- Police pursuit ends with Abilene suspect in custody
- Abilene police: Fake carjacking led to SWAT standoff
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Abilene couple robbed at gunpoint while sitting at stoplight
- Indicted: Man accused of robbing Abilene scrap metal business while wearing ‘Scream' mask
Copyright 2017 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- School zone signs placed near Brown County Christian school
- Pregnant woman who led Brownwood officers on chase indicted
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out
- Rain hits Big Country, wintry mix in some areas
- Sweetwater teen in critical condition after being hit by pickup
- DPS identifies woman killed in fiery crash last week near Winters
- Man dies in Hamlin police custody, Texas Rangers investigating