ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Police Department's tactical unit was called out late Tuesday night to investigate a wanted criminal.
Officers went to a home on the 800 block of Minda Street.
Police got information that led them to believe arresting the suspect inside might be more dangerous than they first thought.
A short time later, they found the suspect was not at the house.
At this point that person is still on the loose. The fugitive's name has not been released.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances stay in the forecast
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase