ABILENE, Texas - City of Abilene water and sewer users will pay an extra $6 to $7 a month, beginning in October, thanks to a city council decision Thursday.
The funds will be used to pay off $65 million in bonds to be issued to upgrade the Hamby water treatment plant and allow that plant to put treated effluent water back into Lake Fort Phantom.
Water and sewer users will then see their water and sewer bills increase an additional $1.50 per month beginning in October 2014.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017