ABILENE, Texas - City of Abilene water and sewer users will pay an extra $6 to $7 a month, beginning in October, thanks to a city council decision Thursday.
The funds will be used to pay off $65 million in bonds to be issued to upgrade the Hamby water treatment plant and allow that plant to put treated effluent water back into Lake Fort Phantom.
Water and sewer users will then see their water and sewer bills increase an additional $1.50 per month beginning in October 2014.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring