ABILENE, Texas - The 2014 Abilene city election is setting up to be a barn burner.
Monday, Norm Archibald announced that he will seek another three-year term as mayor. KTXS also confirmed that Place 4 Councilman Robert Briley is expected to announce Tuesday his intention to run for the job.
Archibald was first elected Mayor in 2004. During his Monday press conference he said he believes the next three years will be the most important in Abilene's history because of four issues facing the city: a future water supply, another round of Base Realignment and Closure hearings, economic development, and public safety.
The city election is Saturday, May 10. Wednesday, January 29 will be the first day candidates can file to run in the election.
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring