ABILENE, Texas - U.S. News released their annual best colleges guide, and all four area universities are ranked.
The U.S. is divided into four regions, all four local universities are ranked in the west region.
ACU was ranked 19. HSU was ranked 39. Universities are classified as institutions with both graduate and undergraduate programs.
Howard Payne and McMurry were both ranked in the 2014 edition for Western Region Colleges. Colleges are institutions that focus on undergraduates.
Howard Payne was ranked 14 while McMurry immediately followed at 15.
According to U.S. News and World Report, rankings are based on seven categories: assessment by administrators at peer institutions, retention of students, faculty resources, student selectivity, financial resources, alumni giving and graduation rate performance.
For a complete look at the rankings click here.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated