ABILENE, Texas - Four arrests have been made in connection to ammunition stolen and pawned from Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Cody Copeland, Trenton Washington, Jacob Pierson and Dennis Dunbar, each 21-years-old, were arrested by Taylor County Sheriff's deputies Wednesday.
In early February, Abilene police suspected Academy employees had stolen and pawned approximately 6,600 rounds of ammunition valued at approximately $3,400.
According to court records, Copeland and Dunbar were employees at the store.
The four are charged with organized retail theft.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase