ABILENE, Texas - The cause of fire early Friday at a vacant home in the 1000 block of South 12th Street has been ruled arson.
No one was home when the fire broke out at approximately 4 a.m. at the South 12th Street and Sycamore Street location.
"Upon arrival there was smoke and fire showing from the back porch of the house," an Abilene Fire Department news release said. "Smoke and flames moved quickly into the attic space of the vacant house."
According to the release, firefighters were able to limit damage to the attic and back of the house.
According to fire officials, damage to the home is estimated to be about $20,000.
No injuries were reported.
Seven Abilene Fire Department apparatus responded to the scene.
If you have any information about this fire, please contact Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-8477.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated