ABILENE, Texas - The cause of fire early Friday at a vacant home in the 1000 block of South 12th Street has been ruled arson.
No one was home when the fire broke out at approximately 4 a.m. at the South 12th Street and Sycamore Street location.
"Upon arrival there was smoke and fire showing from the back porch of the house," an Abilene Fire Department news release said. "Smoke and flames moved quickly into the attic space of the vacant house."
According to the release, firefighters were able to limit damage to the attic and back of the house.
According to fire officials, damage to the home is estimated to be about $20,000.
No injuries were reported.
Seven Abilene Fire Department apparatus responded to the scene.
If you have any information about this fire, please contact Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-8477.
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit