ABILENE, Texas - The cause of fire early Friday at a vacant home in the 1000 block of South 12th Street has been ruled arson.
No one was home when the fire broke out at approximately 4 a.m. at the South 12th Street and Sycamore Street location.
"Upon arrival there was smoke and fire showing from the back porch of the house," an Abilene Fire Department news release said. "Smoke and flames moved quickly into the attic space of the vacant house."
According to the release, firefighters were able to limit damage to the attic and back of the house.
According to fire officials, damage to the home is estimated to be about $20,000.
No injuries were reported.
Seven Abilene Fire Department apparatus responded to the scene.
If you have any information about this fire, please contact Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-8477.
- South Abilene Chik-fil-A closing for renovations
- Teen driving on Winters Freeway falls asleep, truck flips, lands upside down
- McMurry University set to demolish student art gallery
- Abilene woman advocates for HIV testing after losing brother to AIDS
- ACU football player accused of sexually assaulting intoxicated woman at party
- Thousands of painkillers missing from south Abilene pharmacy
- Brown County zoo owner blames high taxes as reason for shut down
- Bond reduction hearing rescheduled for Brownwood homicide suspect
- Ranger College to address 'misinformation' about tax referendum
- Brown County to allow fireworks on the 4th despite burn ban
- Former Brownwood High School coach indicted for having sex with student
- Brownwood council members to vote on denying electric rate hikes
- Court declines to review Snyder man's murder conviction because of long petition
- Train derailment: Whipped cream melts into creek near Colorado City, results in fish kill
- Whipped dairy topping causes fishkill in creek near Colorado City
- Taylor County urges ‘extreme caution' with fireworks on the 4th
- Taylor County firework stands open, officials offer tips for firework safety
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday