ABILENE, Texas (AP) - Abilene fire investigators believe arson was the cause of a Wednesday morning house fire on Janice Lane.
A working fire in the 3800 block of Janice Lane was called in at 7:20 a.m. KTXS crews saw smoke coming from the windows at the rear of the house. It appeared to be vacant at the time.
No injuries were reported. The total loss is estimated at $5,000. No suspects have been named at this time.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'