ABILENE, Texas - Two adults attempted to shoplift at an Abilene Walmart while two children were with them, according to police.
An employee at the Walmart on Southwest Drive called police around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday night to report an attempted theft. Police said they found Clemente Luna and Kimberly Hollon with stolen merchandise in their shopping basket. They allegedly attempted to put merchandise in grocery sacks and leave without paying.
The merchandise was valued at $344.
The pair had two children with them. The children were released to Child Protective Services.
Police said during the arrest, Luna made death threats toward several employees. The statements allegedly made the employees fear for their safety.
Luna faces charges of felony retaliation and misdemeanor theft.
Hollon is charged with misdemeanor theft.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi