ABILENE, Texas - Two adults attempted to shoplift at an Abilene Walmart while two children were with them, according to police.
An employee at the Walmart on Southwest Drive called police around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday night to report an attempted theft. Police said they found Clemente Luna and Kimberly Hollon with stolen merchandise in their shopping basket. They allegedly attempted to put merchandise in grocery sacks and leave without paying.
The merchandise was valued at $344.
The pair had two children with them. The children were released to Child Protective Services.
Police said during the arrest, Luna made death threats toward several employees. The statements allegedly made the employees fear for their safety.
Luna faces charges of felony retaliation and misdemeanor theft.
Hollon is charged with misdemeanor theft.
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Abilene woman pleads guilty to aggravated ID theft
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget