ABILENE, Texas - Two adults attempted to shoplift at an Abilene Walmart while two children were with them, according to police.
An employee at the Walmart on Southwest Drive called police around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday night to report an attempted theft. Police said they found Clemente Luna and Kimberly Hollon with stolen merchandise in their shopping basket. They allegedly attempted to put merchandise in grocery sacks and leave without paying.
The merchandise was valued at $344.
The pair had two children with them. The children were released to Child Protective Services.
Police said during the arrest, Luna made death threats toward several employees. The statements allegedly made the employees fear for their safety.
Luna faces charges of felony retaliation and misdemeanor theft.
Hollon is charged with misdemeanor theft.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated