ABILENE, Texas - Tiffany Klapheke -- the 21-year-old wife of a Dyess Airman and mother of 22-month-old Tamryn Klapheke who died of apparent neglect -- now has legal representation.
Attorney David Thedford was appointed by the court to represent her. You may remember Thedford was one of the attorneys representing Christopher North, who was convicted of murder in the shooting death of Austin David.
Klapheke has been in the Taylor County Jail charged with three felony counts of injury to a child in connection to her daughter's death and the neglect of her two other daughters who are recovering at Cook Children's Medical center in Fort Worth.
An exact cause of death for her 22-month-old daughter hasn't been determined, but a preliminary autopsy report stated the girl likely died of malnutrition and dehydration.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade