ABILENE, Texas - Tiffany Klapheke -- the 21-year-old wife of a Dyess Airman and mother of 22-month-old Tamryn Klapheke who died of apparent neglect -- now has legal representation.
Attorney David Thedford was appointed by the court to represent her. You may remember Thedford was one of the attorneys representing Christopher North, who was convicted of murder in the shooting death of Austin David.
Klapheke has been in the Taylor County Jail charged with three felony counts of injury to a child in connection to her daughter's death and the neglect of her two other daughters who are recovering at Cook Children's Medical center in Fort Worth.
An exact cause of death for her 22-month-old daughter hasn't been determined, but a preliminary autopsy report stated the girl likely died of malnutrition and dehydration.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon