ABILENE, Texas - Preliminary autopsy results show drunk driving wasn't the cause of a deadly two-vehicle that killed two.
The crash killed two on Highway 36, just south of Abilene last month.
Lindsey Smith, a student at ACU died...along with 27 year old Jeffrey Davis.
Robert Braddock drove the vehicle carrying several ACU students to a dance hall.
No alcohol was found in his system.
Jeffrey Davis drove the other vehicle, he did have alcohol in his system, but it was well below the legal limit of .08 His blood alcohol level was just below .02.
These are just preliminary results.
Testing is currently underway to determine whether drugs were a factor .
Those results aren't expected for months.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't