ABILENE, Texas - Preliminary autopsy results show drunk driving wasn't the cause of a deadly two-vehicle that killed two.
The crash killed two on Highway 36, just south of Abilene last month.
Lindsey Smith, a student at ACU died...along with 27 year old Jeffrey Davis.
Robert Braddock drove the vehicle carrying several ACU students to a dance hall.
No alcohol was found in his system.
Jeffrey Davis drove the other vehicle, he did have alcohol in his system, but it was well below the legal limit of .08 His blood alcohol level was just below .02.
These are just preliminary results.
Testing is currently underway to determine whether drugs were a factor .
Those results aren't expected for months.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated