ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Baird man is behind bars after allegedly robbing a man of hundreds of dollars.
Derek Casey was arrested Wednesday night in north Abilene after police say he confronted the victim at the Family Dollar Store on Grape Street and took more than $700.
According to police, Casey allegedly had a loaded gun in his car, even though he's a convicted felon, when he was pulled over.
Casey faces charges of 3rd-degree felony unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, evading arrest and 2nd-degree felony robbery. He is being held in lieu of $40,000 total bond.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck