ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Baird man is behind bars after allegedly robbing a man of hundreds of dollars.
Derek Casey was arrested Wednesday night in north Abilene after police say he confronted the victim at the Family Dollar Store on Grape Street and took more than $700.
According to police, Casey allegedly had a loaded gun in his car, even though he's a convicted felon, when he was pulled over.
Casey faces charges of 3rd-degree felony unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, evading arrest and 2nd-degree felony robbery. He is being held in lieu of $40,000 total bond.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash