ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Baird man is behind bars after allegedly robbing a man of hundreds of dollars.
Derek Casey was arrested Wednesday night in north Abilene after police say he confronted the victim at the Family Dollar Store on Grape Street and took more than $700.
According to police, Casey allegedly had a loaded gun in his car, even though he's a convicted felon, when he was pulled over.
Casey faces charges of 3rd-degree felony unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, evading arrest and 2nd-degree felony robbery. He is being held in lieu of $40,000 total bond.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth