ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Baird man is behind bars after allegedly robbing a man of hundreds of dollars.
Derek Casey was arrested Wednesday night in north Abilene after police say he confronted the victim at the Family Dollar Store on Grape Street and took more than $700.
According to police, Casey allegedly had a loaded gun in his car, even though he's a convicted felon, when he was pulled over.
Casey faces charges of 3rd-degree felony unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, evading arrest and 2nd-degree felony robbery. He is being held in lieu of $40,000 total bond.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Updated San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warming trend through the week but a brief cool down on the way
- Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking
- 150 exhibitors to attend Texas Farm, Ranch & Wildlife Expo in Abilene
- Missing elderly woman found safe in Abilene
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field