BAIRD, Texas - A man accused of murdering a Baird woman is back in Texas after being caught in Arkansas.
Danny Cannon, 54, is accused of the murder of 51-year-old Brenda Ruth Holland, who is known to many in Baird as Brenda Waggoner Kanady.
Holland was found shot to death in her Baird home April 20.
Cannon eluded authorities for several days and was eventually caught in Arkansas.
Cannon is being held in the Shackelford County Jail.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9