ABILENE, Texas - Taylor County has lifted its ban on outdoor burning.
The burn ban was implemented on Jan. 29.
According to the order signed by Taylor County Judge Downing Bolls, the commissioners court gave him permission to "release the ban when conditions allow."
"Precipitation has fallen throughout Taylor County over the past 24 hours," Bolls said in the order. "Although I do not encourage burning at this time unless it is essential, I continue to caution all citizens of Taylor County to exercise great caution with outdoor burning and to assume responsibility to contact your local fire chief and have safeguards in place before attempting any burning."
Bolls said residents who choose to conduct a burn are "liable for any and all damages caused as a result of that burn."
- 'America' band member David Dickey passes away in Sweetwater
- Schools to rally behind Iraan cheerleaders and football players
- Sweetwater Christmas parade kicking off Monday night
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive