ABILENE, Texas - Taylor County has lifted its ban on outdoor burning.
The burn ban was implemented on Jan. 29.
According to the order signed by Taylor County Judge Downing Bolls, the commissioners court gave him permission to "release the ban when conditions allow."
"Precipitation has fallen throughout Taylor County over the past 24 hours," Bolls said in the order. "Although I do not encourage burning at this time unless it is essential, I continue to caution all citizens of Taylor County to exercise great caution with outdoor burning and to assume responsibility to contact your local fire chief and have safeguards in place before attempting any burning."
Bolls said residents who choose to conduct a burn are "liable for any and all damages caused as a result of that burn."
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera