ABILENE, Texas - About 50 furry, four-legged companions participated in the fight against cancer Saturday.
Bark for Life was held at Abilene's dog park, Camp Barkeley, to raise funds and awareness for the American Cancer Society.
So far about $3500 has been raised.
"A lot of the money we raised here stays in Taylor County for patient services, but some of that money does go to just different research foundations," Bark For Life chair Rebecca Ivey said.
Dogs sported printed bandanas during the fundraiser. There were contests for breeds and best looks.
Vendors sold treats and dog products to help raise money.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills