ABILENE, Texas - As you celebrate Christmas, be mindful of how you dispose of the boxes and wrappings your presents came in.
Around the holidays, burglars can scout out homes based on what they see in the trash cans outside your home. Try not to let large boxes (i.e. TV boxes) be visible to passers by. You can break large boxes into smaller pieces before throwing them out so they will not stick out of your trash can. If they are too big to be broken up, recycling them may be a better option.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk