ABILENE, Texas - As you celebrate Christmas, be mindful of how you dispose of the boxes and wrappings your presents came in.
Around the holidays, burglars can scout out homes based on what they see in the trash cans outside your home. Try not to let large boxes (i.e. TV boxes) be visible to passers by. You can break large boxes into smaller pieces before throwing them out so they will not stick out of your trash can. If they are too big to be broken up, recycling them may be a better option.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot