ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene-Taylor County Public Health District offered free immunizations to children ages 0 to 18 on Saturday afternoon.
The event was held to raise awareness about the importance of immunizations as National Infant Immunization Week began Saturday.
"Infants need immunizations at two, four and six months and they also need them at 12 to 15 months and then children get them again at four to six years old when they start head start or kindergarten," Kay Durilla, an event organizer, said.
National Infant Immunization Week ends May 3.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck