Former Abilene Mayor Gary McCaleb offered a prayer at a small ceremony at Abilene Christian University this morning in honor of the Sandy Hook victims.
This, a week after the deadly school shooting in Newtown Connecticut that killed 20 young children and six school staff members.
Also, kids at Bangs Elementary wanted the community of Sandy Hook to know that they are still thinking and praying for them. They made a giant banner that read "Bangs Dragons love Sandy Hook."
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range