ABILENE, Texas - Residents of Big Spring are being urged to lock their doors right now after an elderly woman was taken from her home and stabbed several times.
The woman is now in serious condition at Odessa Medical Center Hospital. Big Spring Police say a Hispanic man got into the woman's home around midnight Thursday, forced her into a vehicle, sexually assaulted her, stabbed her, and then left her on the side of a roadway.
Authorities don't believe there's any relation between the two.
Big Spring police are looking for a hispanic male between 5'7" and 6 feet tall. The only other description they have is that he was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene