ABILENE, Texas - Residents of Big Spring are being urged to lock their doors right now after an elderly woman was taken from her home and stabbed several times.
The woman is now in serious condition at Odessa Medical Center Hospital. Big Spring Police say a Hispanic man got into the woman's home around midnight Thursday, forced her into a vehicle, sexually assaulted her, stabbed her, and then left her on the side of a roadway.
Authorities don't believe there's any relation between the two.
Big Spring police are looking for a hispanic male between 5'7" and 6 feet tall. The only other description they have is that he was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash