ABILENE, Texas - Residents of Big Spring are being urged to lock their doors right now after an elderly woman was taken from her home and stabbed several times.
The woman is now in serious condition at Odessa Medical Center Hospital. Big Spring Police say a Hispanic man got into the woman's home around midnight Thursday, forced her into a vehicle, sexually assaulted her, stabbed her, and then left her on the side of a roadway.
Authorities don't believe there's any relation between the two.
Big Spring police are looking for a hispanic male between 5'7" and 6 feet tall. The only other description they have is that he was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account