ABILENE, Texas - The following is a press release from the City of Abilene:
The Carver Youth Council will host their annual Black History Talent Show Friday, Feb. 8 at 7 p.m. This year's show, "A Night at the Apollo", will take place in the Red Carpet Lobby at the Abilene Civic Center located at 1100 N. 6th St. The annual talent show, featuring youth and adults of all ages, is a fundraiser benefitting the Carver Youth Council.
Tickets are now available at the G.V. Daniels Recreation Center located at 541 N. 8th Street. Tickets may also be purchased at the door the evening of the show. Adult admission is $5 per person and student admission is $3 per person.
For more information about the Black History Talent Show "A Night at the Apollo" or the Carver Youth Council, contact G.V. Daniels Recreation Coordinator Terrence Crisp at 325-676-6443.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting