ABILENE, Texas - Big Country residents turned out in a big way Wednesday night to remember victims of the Boston terrorist attack.
The Abilene Runner's Club hosted "Runners United to Remember." The run took place at 7 p.m.
The event was at Redbud Park. It was a 2.62-mile run.
The President of the Abilene Runner's Club, Robert Taillon, said the turnout was overwhelming and that it surpassed his wildest expectations.
There was a prayer before the run, and organizers estimate more than 100 people came out to the run/walk.
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking