ABILENE, Texas - Big Country residents turned out in a big way Wednesday night to remember victims of the Boston terrorist attack.
The Abilene Runner's Club hosted "Runners United to Remember." The run took place at 7 p.m.
The event was at Redbud Park. It was a 2.62-mile run.
The President of the Abilene Runner's Club, Robert Taillon, said the turnout was overwhelming and that it surpassed his wildest expectations.
There was a prayer before the run, and organizers estimate more than 100 people came out to the run/walk.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash