ABILENE, Texas - Big Country residents turned out in a big way Wednesday night to remember victims of the Boston terrorist attack.
The Abilene Runner's Club hosted "Runners United to Remember." The run took place at 7 p.m.
The event was at Redbud Park. It was a 2.62-mile run.
The President of the Abilene Runner's Club, Robert Taillon, said the turnout was overwhelming and that it surpassed his wildest expectations.
There was a prayer before the run, and organizers estimate more than 100 people came out to the run/walk.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade