ABILENE, Texas - Big Country residents turned out in a big way Wednesday night to remember victims of the Boston terrorist attack.
The Abilene Runner's Club hosted "Runners United to Remember." The run took place at 7 p.m.
The event was at Redbud Park. It was a 2.62-mile run.
The President of the Abilene Runner's Club, Robert Taillon, said the turnout was overwhelming and that it surpassed his wildest expectations.
There was a prayer before the run, and organizers estimate more than 100 people came out to the run/walk.
- Updated Police: Suspect in shooting near Texas strip mall is dead, 9 wounded
- Updated Jury selection begins today for brutal late 2014 Abilene murder
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- New color spreading through downtown Abilene
- Golfing great Arnold Palmer dead at 87