ABILENE, Texas - Big Country residents turned out in a big way Wednesday night to remember victims of the Boston terrorist attack.
The Abilene Runner's Club hosted "Runners United to Remember." The run took place at 7 p.m.
The event was at Redbud Park. It was a 2.62-mile run.
The President of the Abilene Runner's Club, Robert Taillon, said the turnout was overwhelming and that it surpassed his wildest expectations.
There was a prayer before the run, and organizers estimate more than 100 people came out to the run/walk.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack