VIEW, Texas - National speaker Bob Page took time on Saturday to congratulate Brandon Phillips on being the Volunteer Firefighter of the Year.
View Fire Department awards one person each year based on anonymous votes.
This year, eight-year volunteer firefighter Phillips took home the honor – and a few gifts too.
South Taylor EMS even came out to support Phillips, who said he was surprised and grateful his co-workers even thought of him when they voted this year.
"It was truly an honor. I've been out here about eight years and I wouldn't have expected in a million years," Phillips said. "It excites me that people I volunteer with thought highly of me enough to vote for...that is a voted award."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday