ABILENE, Texas - Hendrick Medical Center is celebrating this week the opening of its Baby Cafe.
It's a place for moms to drop in and get professional help on breastfeeding. It's also a place where moms can just come together for support and advice from eachother.
The Café is staffed by the hospital's first, full-time lactation consultant, Tabitha Alldredge. "Moms who have mom to mom support, along with a place to ask questions if they have concerns about breastfeeding, they breastfeed longer than those who don't; so this is a really good thing for Abilene so they have that support," said Alldredge.
The Baby Café is located on the Hendrick main campus, room 4535. It's open the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month from 10:00 a.m. to noon, and the 2nd and 4th Thursdays from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget