ABILENE, Texas - Hendrick Medical Center is celebrating this week the opening of its Baby Cafe.
It's a place for moms to drop in and get professional help on breastfeeding. It's also a place where moms can just come together for support and advice from eachother.
The Café is staffed by the hospital's first, full-time lactation consultant, Tabitha Alldredge. "Moms who have mom to mom support, along with a place to ask questions if they have concerns about breastfeeding, they breastfeed longer than those who don't; so this is a really good thing for Abilene so they have that support," said Alldredge.
The Baby Café is located on the Hendrick main campus, room 4535. It's open the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month from 10:00 a.m. to noon, and the 2nd and 4th Thursdays from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week