BROWNWOOD, Texas - Benito Vasquez Diaz, a 67-year-old man, has been sentenced to more than 30 years in prison.
According to the Brownwood Bulletin, in July 2013, Diaz was arrested while trying to flee from police when they stopped his vehicle.
Police found marijuana and methamphetamine in his vehicle following a search.
Diaz was also charged with evading arrest and violation of parole.
He pled guilty to the charges and is now being held in the Brown County Jail.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue