BROWNWOOD, Texas - Benito Vasquez Diaz, a 67-year-old man, has been sentenced to more than 30 years in prison.
According to the Brownwood Bulletin, in July 2013, Diaz was arrested while trying to flee from police when they stopped his vehicle.
Police found marijuana and methamphetamine in his vehicle following a search.
Diaz was also charged with evading arrest and violation of parole.
He pled guilty to the charges and is now being held in the Brown County Jail.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend