ABILENE, Texas - The city of Abilene is offering deep discounts on pets to help shelter adoptions.
Dogs that normally cost $80 are now $40. Cats are marked down to $30. Both prices are after a mail-in rebate. The price includes spay and neuter procedures and a rabies shot.
The sale is an effort to save lives at the shelter before the influx and puppies and kittens that typically come in spring.
The Abilene Animal Shelter is located at 925 South 25th. It is open from 10:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. on weekdays. Doors are open from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturdays.
The same ends March 31.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend