ABILENE, Texas - The city of Abilene is offering deep discounts on pets to help shelter adoptions.
Dogs that normally cost $80 are now $40. Cats are marked down to $30. Both prices are after a mail-in rebate. The price includes spay and neuter procedures and a rabies shot.
The sale is an effort to save lives at the shelter before the influx and puppies and kittens that typically come in spring.
The Abilene Animal Shelter is located at 925 South 25th. It is open from 10:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. on weekdays. Doors are open from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturdays.
The same ends March 31.
- Updated Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people crashes in Texas
- Updated FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
- Updated Ex-Texas A&M linebacker, wife killed at their home
- Updated Melissa Valdez: Triple digit temperatures return to the forecast