ABILENE, Texas - The city of Abilene is offering deep discounts on pets to help shelter adoptions.
Dogs that normally cost $80 are now $40. Cats are marked down to $30. Both prices are after a mail-in rebate. The price includes spay and neuter procedures and a rabies shot.
The sale is an effort to save lives at the shelter before the influx and puppies and kittens that typically come in spring.
The Abilene Animal Shelter is located at 925 South 25th. It is open from 10:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. on weekdays. Doors are open from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturdays.
The same ends March 31.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017