ABILENE, Texas - Special council meetings are scheduled to start Tuesday afternoon to discuss the 2014 fiscal year budget.
The budget includes a slight decrease in the property tax rate.
No new services or programs are proposed. A few new job positions may be added.
The meetings begin Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers. They are also scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
City Hall is located at 555 Walnut Street in Abilene.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS