ABILENE, Texas - Special council meetings are scheduled to start Tuesday afternoon to discuss the 2014 fiscal year budget.
The budget includes a slight decrease in the property tax rate.
No new services or programs are proposed. A few new job positions may be added.
The meetings begin Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers. They are also scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
City Hall is located at 555 Walnut Street in Abilene.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash