ABILENE, Texas - Special council meetings are scheduled to start Tuesday afternoon to discuss the 2014 fiscal year budget.
The budget includes a slight decrease in the property tax rate.
No new services or programs are proposed. A few new job positions may be added.
The meetings begin Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers. They are also scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
City Hall is located at 555 Walnut Street in Abilene.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated