ABILENE, Texas - Special council meetings are scheduled to start Tuesday afternoon to discuss the 2014 fiscal year budget.
The budget includes a slight decrease in the property tax rate.
No new services or programs are proposed. A few new job positions may be added.
The meetings begin Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers. They are also scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
City Hall is located at 555 Walnut Street in Abilene.
- Updated Man charged in slaying of woman at Texas gambling room
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families