ABILENE, Texas - A Buffalo Gap woman is charged with allegedly shoplifting hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise from an Abilene arts and crafts store Friday night.
Loss prevention employees at Hobby Lobby, located in the 4600 block of South 14th Street, told police they caught 71-year-old Penny Lee hiding several items in her purse and trying to leave the store without paying.
Abilene police were called to the scene and arrested her for class B theft. According to police, the total value of the alleged stolen merchandise was $399.78.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated