ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene business owner is working to get back on his feet after a break-in that caused thousands of dollars in losses.
Butman Photography in the 1000 block of South 1st Street was burglarized between Oct. 9 and Oct. 10. According to an incident report filed shortly after, approximately $10,000 of equipment had been stolen. KTXS caught up with owner Steve Butman Thursday and he said the current estimate of losses and damage to the building is $16,000 total.
Butman said he is working with his insurance company but it will take awhile to order replacements for the Olympia-brand equipment. He said the break-in set him back several days and forced him to close his doors for awhile; however, a friend lent him some equipment for the time being.
According to Officer George Spindler, no arrests have been made.
The serial numbers of the stolen equipment have been turned over to police. Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger