ABILENE, Texas - The third annual Children's Art and Literacy Festival carried on downtown despite the hail storm that shut the event down Thursday evening.
The festival's theme was based on the work of William Joyce, a well-known book writer, illustrator and Academy-award winning filmmaker.
Children had fun with face painting, art work and dancing. An estimated attendance of 5,000 people was expected.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range