ABILENE, Texas - An accident in Callahan County Wednesday afternoon sent several people to the hospital.
The accident happened just after 4 p.m. at the intersection of FM 18 and Highway 603.
Two people were flown by helicopter to a local hospital. Three others went by ambulance.
Authorities on the scene said a blue car was driving south on 603 when it ran a stop sign. A white van with eight people inside hit the car. Authorities say the driver of the blue car was from Amarillo.
For a related photo gallery, CLICK HERE.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend