ABILENE, Texas - Children who have experienced loss in their lives met Saturday for a one-day camp, Camp Courage.
Children entering Kindergarten through second grade met at Southern Hills Church of Christ to learn how to deal with grieving of divorced parents to dying loved ones.
Children learned to deal with the different stages of grief.
"My parents were together or they were separated and I had my grandparents die. This was really important to me to help me overcome that and so it's really important to me that I help all the other kids," said Madison Casares, a camp counselor.
The children also participated in painting and story time.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit