ABILENE, Texas - Children who have experienced loss in their lives met Saturday for a one-day camp, Camp Courage.
Children entering Kindergarten through second grade met at Southern Hills Church of Christ to learn how to deal with grieving of divorced parents to dying loved ones.
Children learned to deal with the different stages of grief.
"My parents were together or they were separated and I had my grandparents die. This was really important to me to help me overcome that and so it's really important to me that I help all the other kids," said Madison Casares, a camp counselor.
The children also participated in painting and story time.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated