ABILENE, Texas - Children who have experienced loss in their lives met Saturday for a one-day camp, Camp Courage.
Children entering Kindergarten through second grade met at Southern Hills Church of Christ to learn how to deal with grieving of divorced parents to dying loved ones.
Children learned to deal with the different stages of grief.
"My parents were together or they were separated and I had my grandparents die. This was really important to me to help me overcome that and so it's really important to me that I help all the other kids," said Madison Casares, a camp counselor.
The children also participated in painting and story time.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017