ABILENE, Texas - Children who have experienced loss in their lives met Saturday for a one-day camp, Camp Courage.
Children entering Kindergarten through second grade met at Southern Hills Church of Christ to learn how to deal with grieving of divorced parents to dying loved ones.
Children learned to deal with the different stages of grief.
"My parents were together or they were separated and I had my grandparents die. This was really important to me to help me overcome that and so it's really important to me that I help all the other kids," said Madison Casares, a camp counselor.
The children also participated in painting and story time.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale