ABILENE, Texas - The family of murder victim Soña Olivia Trucks will be holding a candlelight vigil Wednesday night at her Abilene home.
The event for the 40-year-old mother will be at 8:15 p.m. at 1933 Clinton Street.
Meanwhile, Trucks' funeral will be at noon Saturday in the Elmwood Funeral Home Chapel. Visitation will be from 6-8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Trucks died Monday after police say her boyfriend, 45-year-old Manuel Talavera, hit her with a gun and then shot her at her home.
Talavera was arrested and charged with capital murder. He is being held at Taylor County Jail on bonds totaling $800,000.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country