ABILENE, Texas - A capital murder warrant has been issued for a "person of interest" in the stabbing death of a 19-year-old man who died from injuries sustained in an incident early Sunday morning at the Grove Apartments.
In a statement late Sunday, Abilene Police Chief Stan Standridge said two people were stabbed, including the yet-to-be-identified man who was killed. The second stabbing victim is expected to recover, Standridge said.
Others were also assaulted at the complex near Abilene Christian University, according to the Abilene Police Department.
Several social media reports suggest that a former Cooper High School student was killed, but KTXS has chosen not to release the name of the victim until the results of the investigation are released.
KTXS reached out to the apartment complex -- located at 2702 Judge Ely Boulevard -- and was told that complex officials are working closely with the Abilene Police Department.
Standridge said a press conference will be held at 11:30 a.m. Monday to discuss several items. A department official said one of the items to be discussed will be the Grove Apartments incident.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash