ABILENE, Texas - A capital murder warrant has been issued for a "person of interest" in the stabbing death of a 19-year-old man who died from injuries sustained in an incident early Sunday morning at the Grove Apartments.
In a statement late Sunday, Abilene Police Chief Stan Standridge said two people were stabbed, including the yet-to-be-identified man who was killed. The second stabbing victim is expected to recover, Standridge said.
Others were also assaulted at the complex near Abilene Christian University, according to the Abilene Police Department.
Several social media reports suggest that a former Cooper High School student was killed, but KTXS has chosen not to release the name of the victim until the results of the investigation are released.
KTXS reached out to the apartment complex -- located at 2702 Judge Ely Boulevard -- and was told that complex officials are working closely with the Abilene Police Department.
Standridge said a press conference will be held at 11:30 a.m. Monday to discuss several items. A department official said one of the items to be discussed will be the Grove Apartments incident.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck