Abilene police got involved in checking on the welfare of a local woman Wednesday.
They were notified by U.S. Capitol Police in Washington, DC that the 54-year-old Abilene woman, who lives in the 31-hundred block of Salinas Dr., had communicated with them several times over the last 24 hours.
Capitol police requested that APD check on the woman's welfare. They did that about 7 a.m. Wednesday and decided to take her into protective custody.
MHMR then responded to see if they were needed to care for the woman.
No one was injured.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated