Abilene police got involved in checking on the welfare of a local woman Wednesday.
They were notified by U.S. Capitol Police in Washington, DC that the 54-year-old Abilene woman, who lives in the 31-hundred block of Salinas Dr., had communicated with them several times over the last 24 hours.
Capitol police requested that APD check on the woman's welfare. They did that about 7 a.m. Wednesday and decided to take her into protective custody.
MHMR then responded to see if they were needed to care for the woman.
No one was injured.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot