ABILENE, Texas - A car and bike show held at Lucy's restaurant was held Saturday to benefit Meals on Wheels.
J.J. Broyles, organizer of the event said more than 140 cars and bikes were registered.
All the money from the show will be given to Meals on Wheels, a non-profit organization that delivers meals to the elderly in the community.
"My wife's grandmother, she lives with us and she gets Meals on Wheels," Broyles said. "She had a stroke and couldn't take care of herself and it's just a blessing for her and it helps with everything and we just thought we'd give back."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated