ABILENE, Texas - Financial Director at Arrow Ford Lynda Bowers visited KTXS and shared some important tips to consider when purchasing a car.
Much of the conversation centered on extended service contracts and warranties, and if they are really worth the payment.
"It's a piece of mind," Bowers said about purchasing an extended warranty. "Your automobile is the second largest purchase that most of us make."
Since people purchase insurance for accidents, Bowers said it is logical to do the same thing for potential breakdowns.
"Most of us are not prepared for out of pocket repairs," Bowers said.
Before you purchase any kind of warranty, you should plan ahead.
"Do your homework," Bowers said. "Buy from someone locally that you know and trust."
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot