ABILENE, Texas - Financial Director at Arrow Ford Lynda Bowers visited KTXS and shared some important tips to consider when purchasing a car.
Much of the conversation centered on extended service contracts and warranties, and if they are really worth the payment.
"It's a piece of mind," Bowers said about purchasing an extended warranty. "Your automobile is the second largest purchase that most of us make."
Since people purchase insurance for accidents, Bowers said it is logical to do the same thing for potential breakdowns.
"Most of us are not prepared for out of pocket repairs," Bowers said.
Before you purchase any kind of warranty, you should plan ahead.
"Do your homework," Bowers said. "Buy from someone locally that you know and trust."
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking