ABILENE, Texas - New Hope Church was packed with cars on Saturday morning, but not for church service.
They held their third annual car show to benefit the missions teams at the church.
This year, the sponsor was a new shop called My Mechanic of Abilene.
Bill Miley, the owner of the shop, said he decided to organize the event because he shares the church's passion for missions.
"New Hope as a whole is a very missions-minded church," Miley said. "We have a lot of strong ties especially to Tanzania, Africa, Haiti and El Salvador, so we raise money to put water wells, build churches, build schools, take care of orphans."
New Hope plans to continue to hold their car show to fund different projects for the missions teams.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera