ABILENE, Texas - Four Abilene Christian University students -- on their way back to campus -- were sent to the hospital Sunday night after their vehicle flipped on Loop 322 near Highway 36.
The accident happened just before 9 p.m.
Among the students injured were Philomena DeHoyos, Kristopher Normand, Shalina Sadruddin and Michelle Weidenaar.
While Weidenaar remains in good condition at Hendrick Medical Center, DeHoyos, Normand and Sadruddin were treated and released, a hospital spokeswoman said Monday morning.
Currently, alcohol does not seem to be a factor in the incident. Investigating officers on the scene say speeding could be a possible cause.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Shower chances returning from the east