ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Fire Department has confirmed the cause of the early Tuesday morning fire at a house on South 5th and Vine.
AFD determined the cause was an unattended space heater placed too close to a piece of furniture.
Firefighters responded after getting the call at about 5:30 a.m. Heavy smoke was coming from the house.
There were no injuries related to the fire. No one was living at the home at the time of the fire, but there were objects inside the home.
The house is considered a total loss. There is no estimated cost of damages at this time.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer