ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Fire Department has confirmed the cause of the early Tuesday morning fire at a house on South 5th and Vine.
AFD determined the cause was an unattended space heater placed too close to a piece of furniture.
Firefighters responded after getting the call at about 5:30 a.m. Heavy smoke was coming from the house.
There were no injuries related to the fire. No one was living at the home at the time of the fire, but there were objects inside the home.
The house is considered a total loss. There is no estimated cost of damages at this time.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week