ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Fire Department has confirmed the cause of the early Tuesday morning fire at a house on South 5th and Vine.
AFD determined the cause was an unattended space heater placed too close to a piece of furniture.
Firefighters responded after getting the call at about 5:30 a.m. Heavy smoke was coming from the house.
There were no injuries related to the fire. No one was living at the home at the time of the fire, but there were objects inside the home.
The house is considered a total loss. There is no estimated cost of damages at this time.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck