ABILENE, Texas - Dozens of chihuahuas made the trip out to Fort Worth from Abilene on Saturday for an extra chance at getting adopted.
The 30 chihuahuas will be taken to nine cities, including: Alexandria, Baton Rouge and Shreveport. They will eventually end up in Orlando to be given to a rescue group.
More than 40 drivers will help make that possible by meeting at designated points and "swapping" the dogs to their next car.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman