ABILENE, Texas - Dozens of chihuahuas made the trip out to Fort Worth from Abilene on Saturday for an extra chance at getting adopted.
The 30 chihuahuas will be taken to nine cities, including: Alexandria, Baton Rouge and Shreveport. They will eventually end up in Orlando to be given to a rescue group.
More than 40 drivers will help make that possible by meeting at designated points and "swapping" the dogs to their next car.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene