ABILENE, Texas - The Children's Art & Literacy Festival will be in full swing Thursday night.
More than 2,000 people have registered for the event. People will come from Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Nevada and Missouri.
The fun will begin with an ArtWalk night on June 12 at 4 p.m. with a costume contest. Afterwards, there will be a parade at 5:30.
The festival honoree this year will be William Joyce., author of the popular book "Epic." He will speak at the Paramount Theater at 6:30 p.m. Thursday followed by a book signing.
Towards end the night, the festival will reveal five bronze sculptures around the downtown area at 8 p.m. A sixth sculpture will be revealed at a later date.
The festival will begin at 9 a.m. for Friday and Saturday.
Festival passes are available and can be purchased at the T&P Depot at 101 N. 1st Street. Tickets are $10 for children and $15 for an adult. This will get you into all three days of events.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated