ABILENE, Texas - The Ben Richey Boys Ranch got a pleasant surprise Thursday when the Chili Super Bowl committee presented the ranch with a check for $66,031.
It's money raised during the annual, three day Labor Day Chili Super Bowl in Buffalo Gap.
This now pushes the total raised for the boys ranch by this event over the years to a million-and-a-half dollars.
- Witness to Abilene man's murder names Gootee as shooter
- 2 riding in Bangs bike race to honor fallen Texas officers
- Ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to speak in Brownwood next year
- Drone taking video of downtown Abilene streets Sunday
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death