The Libertarian running for Congress in District 19 stopped in Abilene Monday.
Chip Peterson is running for the seat currently held by Randy Neugebauer.
Peterson is a former business and economics professor at Texas Tech University.
He says he's running against Neugebauer to give people the option of voting for a well-qualified candidate who doesn't belong to either major party.
There is no Democratic candidate on the November ballot
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire