The Libertarian running for Congress in District 19 stopped in Abilene Monday.
Chip Peterson is running for the seat currently held by Randy Neugebauer.
Peterson is a former business and economics professor at Texas Tech University.
He says he's running against Neugebauer to give people the option of voting for a well-qualified candidate who doesn't belong to either major party.
There is no Democratic candidate on the November ballot
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide