ABILENE, Texas - Citibank officially closed its doors for Big Country locations on Friday, but account holders can still keep their accounts.
Citibank customers' accounts will still stay open, but the closest location will be in Midland. You can also access your account online and even deposit checks to your account using your phone.
First Financial Bank is also accepting customers who no longer have a local bank. Ron Butler, CEO of First Financial Bank, said his bank offers the same services and he is looking forward to serving new customers.
"We've had quite a few since that was announced a couple months ago. We've had well over 1,000 new accounts from Citibank customers," Butler said.
Citibank locations are still up and running in Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills