ABILENE, Texas - Citibank officially closed its doors for Big Country locations on Friday, but account holders can still keep their accounts.
Citibank customers' accounts will still stay open, but the closest location will be in Midland. You can also access your account online and even deposit checks to your account using your phone.
First Financial Bank is also accepting customers who no longer have a local bank. Ron Butler, CEO of First Financial Bank, said his bank offers the same services and he is looking forward to serving new customers.
"We've had quite a few since that was announced a couple months ago. We've had well over 1,000 new accounts from Citibank customers," Butler said.
Citibank locations are still up and running in Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade