ABILENE, Texas - Citibank officially closed its doors for Big Country locations on Friday, but account holders can still keep their accounts.
Citibank customers' accounts will still stay open, but the closest location will be in Midland. You can also access your account online and even deposit checks to your account using your phone.
First Financial Bank is also accepting customers who no longer have a local bank. Ron Butler, CEO of First Financial Bank, said his bank offers the same services and he is looking forward to serving new customers.
"We've had quite a few since that was announced a couple months ago. We've had well over 1,000 new accounts from Citibank customers," Butler said.
Citibank locations are still up and running in Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
- Updated Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Updated Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Lawmakers: Wells Fargo a 'criminal enterprise' like Enron
- Police: Woman, 64, seriously injured in Big Spring disturbance, man arrested
- Texas prison records show more than 330 transgender inmates
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Abilene city manager proposes study of tiered water rates
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash