ABILENE, Texas - Citibank is closing several branches in Texas, including four in Abilene.
A spokesperson for Citibank said "…we have determined that a select number of branches in rural areas of Texas do not fit our market strategy that focuses on major cities. They will close in June 2014."
Branches in major cities such as Dallas and Houston will remain open and non-branch ATMs will still be operational.
Several customers said they will have to find a new bank to keep their money once local branches close.
"It's going to be tough because I'm one of those I want to have somebody to talk to whenever something comes up. It's always nice to have a face and I know all the ladies that work in here and it's kind of... It sucks," said Citibank customer Warren Tullous.
Citibank said they will work with employees to try and find them other positions within the company. They wouldn't say how many employees will be affected.
There are Citibank branches in Haskell, Anson, Brownwood, Breckenridge and Eastland.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade