ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council approved an ordinance that would allow neighborhood pools to be open to the public.
Many pools around town have been left un-maintained, under-utilized or even unused.
With the passage of this ordinance, neighborhood associations will be able to charge the public an entrance fee to use the previously private pools.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth