ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council approved an ordinance that would allow neighborhood pools to be open to the public.
Many pools around town have been left un-maintained, under-utilized or even unused.
With the passage of this ordinance, neighborhood associations will be able to charge the public an entrance fee to use the previously private pools.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack