ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council approved an ordinance that would allow neighborhood pools to be open to the public.
Many pools around town have been left un-maintained, under-utilized or even unused.
With the passage of this ordinance, neighborhood associations will be able to charge the public an entrance fee to use the previously private pools.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring