ABILENE, Texas - Starting at noon on Tuesday, most City of Abilene offices will close for the Christmas Holiday.
Below is a release on the closures from the city:
Most City of Abilene offices and community service centers will close at noon Tuesday, Dec. 24 and will be closed the entire day Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2013 in observance of the Christmas holidays with the exception of those providing life safety services such as fire and police protection.
The Abilene Animal Shelter will close at noon Tuesday, Dec. 24 and will be closed Christmas Day. Citizens with an Animal Control emergency may call the Abilene Police Department at 673-8331 and an Animal Services Officer will be available to respond. The shelter will resume normal business hours Thursday, Dec. 26.
Solid Waste Services Division offices will close at noon Tuesday, Dec. 24 and will be closed all day Wednesday, Dec. 25. The Environmental Recycling Center (ERC) will close at noon Tuesday, Dec. 24 and will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 25. The ERC will resume regular business hours on Thursday, Dec. 26. Commercial and residential refuse collection will run normal routes on Thursday, Dec. 26.
CityLink Transit's schedule is as follows:
- Dec. 24: CityLink Transit offices will be open; regular transit service will run until 6:15 p.m.
- Dec. 25: CityLink Transit office will be closed; no transit service on Christmas Day.
- Dec. 26: CityLink Transit office will be open, regularly scheduled services available.
Municipal Court will also close at noon Tuesday, Dec. 24 and will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 25. For those citizens making their initial appearance, citations due those days will instead be due on Thursday, Dec. 26.
All locations of the Abilene Public Library will close at noon Tuesday, Dec. 24 and will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 25. All locations will be open for normal business hours beginning Thursday, Dec. 26.
The Abilene Zoo will be closed on Christmas Day and reopen on Thursday, Dec. 26.
City facilities that will also close at noon Tuesday, Dec. 24 and all day Wednesday, Dec. 25 include: City Hall, Abilene-Taylor County Health District, Abilene Civic Center, the Development Corporation of Abilene, the Airport Administration office and City Recreation and Senior Citizen Centers.
The Water Services Center, 701 E. Hwy. 80, will be closed on Christmas Day. However, citizens may call the Water Service Center's emergency hotline, 676-6000, for water and sewer emergencies. This hotline is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated